PRE-ORDER BEGINNING FEBRUARY 25TH - AVAILABLE APRIL 2019
The Sonore opticalRendu project is an extension of the microRendu and ultraRendu projects that came before it. The design is inspired by audiophile gear and meant to bring grace and simplicity to a microcomputer. The original microRendu was very small and intended to be hidden out of sight behind your other gear. The opticalRendu and ultraRendu are in a larger case that beautifully integrates with your audio stack. The opticalRendu can still be powered by your favorite power supply or you can choose to upgrade to the Small Green Computer 7V Linear Power Supply. The opticalRendu has optical Ethernet input and USB-Audio output with all the connectors located on the rear of the unit for easy cable routing. The opticalRendu utilizes a new proprietary printed circuit board with only the essential components and many updates to match its optical designation. The best way to connect the opticalRendu to a USB device is via your favorite USB cable. The opticalRendu is easy to configure, accepts streams from various sources, and includes our latest version of our Sonicorbiter Operating System.
SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES
- Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.
- Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:
Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with an SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3c - Songcast Output - This output accepts streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application is in Beta form.
- Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. This application is based on librespot which is an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.
- Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
- Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
- POP free DSD/PCM transitions
- Not all USB devices or output modes support the maximum sample rate of the unit
- RoonReady certified
- Audirvana Plus certified
- Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming service
- Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter
- The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed
- BubbleUPNP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol
- OhMedia - OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers
- Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode
- Native DSD is supported on select DACs
- The unit is controlled via third-party apps on your mobile device and on your computer
- Based on Sonicorbiter, closed source and open source (GPLv2)
- High-quality ultra low noise regulators
- External power input jack
- SFP cage / SFP optical module for network connection
- USB-A audio output connector
- Micro SD port for the operating system
- Two fixed frequency ultra low jitter FEMTO oscillators
- Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM
- Power input: 6-9 VDC at 1 Amp min continuous
- Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
- Dimension without rubber feet: 1.181"(H)x4.331"(W)x4.409"(D)
RECOMMENDED POWER SUPPLIES
- Small Green Computer Linear Power Supply - 7VDC - recommended
- iFi iPower power supply - 9VDC (not recommended in hot environments)
- CIAudio linear power supply - 7VDC
- Teddy Pardo linear power supply - 7VDC
- HD-Plex Linear power supply - adjust to 7VDC
- Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 power supply - set to 7VDC
- Uptone Audio JS-2 linear power supply - set to 7VDC
- Vinnie Rossi LIO with microRendu/ultraRendu output stage
- Sbooster - 6VDC
- MSRP $1295 USD - PRE-ORDER NOW - SHIPS APRIL 2019
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: systemOptique Starter Kit - Everything you need to get started with an optical-based audio setup. This kit includes a 4-Port Gigabit switch with SFP Slot, SFP fiber transceiver module, 1m fiber optic cable, and a linear supply for the switch. MSRP $99 USD -PRE-ORDER NOW - SHIPS APRIL 2019