The Sonore opticalRendu is a Roon Ready network player and network streamer. The opticalRendu turns your USB DAC into a network DAC.
You can play to your DAC from a computer or a music server such as or sonicTransporter. All playback can be controlled via an iPad, tablet or computer.
The opticalRendu uses small ultra low noise regulators for each component and FEMTO oscillators to get the absolutely cleanest signal to your DAC. This manifests itself as very clean sound with revealing detail.
The opticalRendu network player and network streamer utilizes a fiber optic interface to eliminate all noise from the network. This eliminates the need for expensive copper Ethernet cables.
The opticalRendu supports many different playback modes for use with a number of different software servers.
Roon Ready mode – for Roon Server
DLNA mode – to be used as a DLNA renderer (also work with MPD controllers)
Squeezelite mode – to be used with Squeezebox servers
NAA mode – For HQPlayer
The opticalRendu has a fiber optic Ethernet port. If you don't have a fiber port on your Ethernet switch get the Fiber Ethernet Converter Bundle. This will converter optical Ethernet to standard Ethernet and connect to a standard port on a router or switch.
- Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
- Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
- POP free DSD/PCM transitions
- Not all USB devices or output modes support the maximum sample rate of the unit
- RoonReady certified
- Audirvana Plus certified
- Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming service
- Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter
- The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed
- BubbleUPNP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol
- OhMedia - OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers
- Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode
- Native DSD is supported on select DACs
- The unit is controlled via third-party apps on your mobile device and on your computer
- Based on Sonicorbiter OS, closed source and open source (GPLv2)
- High-quality ultra low noise regulators
- External power input jack
- SFP cage / SFP optical module for network connection (OM1 SFP Transceiver included)
- USB-A audio output connector
- Micro SD port for the operating system
- Two fixed frequency ultra low jitter FEMTO oscillators
- Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM
- Power input: 6-9 VDC at 4 Amp min continuous
- Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
- Dimension without rubber feet: 1.18"(H) x 4.33"(W) x 4.41"(D)
This product includes:
- Sonore opticalRendu
- SFP module
If you select the Ethernet Converter Bundle option then you will get all of this as well:
- SGC Fiber Ethernet Converter
- 5v power supply (switching) 120v/220v autoselect
- SFP module
- 1m fiber
- 15cm (6 inches) ethernet cable
This diagram shows a typical setup with the opticalRendu, Ethernet Converter Bundle, sonicTransporter i5 and home WiFi network.
Note: Although many different types of fiber and SFP transceivers will work we recommend Gigabit SFP modules that work with OM1 (62.5/125 µm multi-mode) type multi-mode fiber with LC connectors for all systemOptique certified products. This will allow your systemOptique to work at its highest level of performance. Don't worry, we supply these SFP transceivers on our website
RECOMMENDED POWER SUPPLIES
- Small Green Computer 25w Linear Power Supply - 7VDC - recommended
- HD-Plex Linear power supply - adjust to 7VDC
We Also Recommend
systemOptique Server & Player Combo - sonicTransporter i5, opticalRendu, Fiber Ethernet Converter bundle
systemOptique direct optical Server & Player Combo - sonicTransporter i9, opticalRendu