sonicTransporter AP 8TB (Roon Server)
Make your music available to network music players. The sonicTransporter runs RoonServer, Squeezebox Server, and MinimServer (DLNA server). Rip your CDs or load existing music to its huge internal hard drive and your music will be available to virtually any network player.
With its fast processor and SSD (for your music database) the sonicTransporter AP is perfect for lightning fast access to your music.
The internal spinning drive is cached by a large SSD so in most cases it will spin down once music playback has started.
Attach a Sonicorbiter SE or microRendu to your USB DAC and you have a complete digital transport solution.
Also works great with Sonos network speakers. Have your local music or iTunes purchased music files available to your Sonos speakers at any time without having to turn on your computer.
RoonServer is preintalled but you need to purchase a license from Roon Labs or take advantage of a free trial.
- Store and protect your entire digital music library
- Roon Server preinstalled
- Exceeds Roon Labs hardware specifications
- Huge storage drive cached with SSD for silent operation
- Instant access to every track across your library
- Auto-configuration with Sonos® audio systems (and others like Squeezebox® player)
- Rip perfect digital copies of your CDs
- Stream your digital music to anywhere in your home
- Intuitive touch control via iOS and Android
- Desktop controller for Windows and OSX
- Simple to setup and use
- 100% lossless data transfer
Music collection size
The sonicTransporter AP is designed for a music library of 1 - 750K tracks. This includes Red Book audio, DSD, and Hi-Rez. If your music library is larger then 750K tracks we recommend a custom solution. Contact us for you music storage needs.
The internal 8TB driver can hold approximately 220K Red Book audio or less DSD, and Hi-Rez tracks. If your collection exceeds this size you will need a NAS to store your collection.
60 day Roon Trial
This product ships with a 60 day Roon free trial.
- CD drive: Precision slot-loading mechanism for lossless ripping of standard audio CDs to FLAC format
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- Power: 19VDC input
- Network Protocols: DLNA, Samba (Sonos® and others), Squeezebox®, Roon (RAAT)
- Web user interface for configuration from a web browser or table
- 4.25" H x 10" W x 9.5" D
- 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
- 19v 5A power supply (120v - 220v) and power cord (US)
- 1m LAN cable
- 11 Watts
- 0° C to 40° C
- 64GB SSD for Server database (Roon, Squeezebox, DLNA)
- 8TB spinning drive cached by 180GB of SSD
- Can store any music file format including your existing music library, iTunes, and downloaded HD music
We Also Recommend