The original Sonore microRendu v1.3 was discontinued in March 2020 because certain parts on the unit were becoming hard to get. Soon afterward, Sonore decided to redesign the unit improving some components and upgrading others. Another key goal of the project was to reduce the cost without compromising audio performance. With a little bit of hard work, Sonore was able to achieve all the project goals and we think you will be thrilled with the new Sonore microRendu v1.5.
Here is what we did:
1. Improved two power converters and their associated capacitors using some new ones that are much better than what we had years ago. The result is significantly better power network performance.
2. Improved the clock buffer to the one we used in the opticalRendu. This part has a MUCH lower jitter.
3. Improved the USB A jack to the through-hole one used in other Rendu boards. This was done to increase reliability.
4. Changed the standard case color to black.
5. Ships with SonicOrbiter 2.8.
6. New lower price
The microRendu is an audiophile microcomputer music player with Ethernet input and USB Audio output. The microRendu utilizes a proprietary printed circuit board with only the essential components. The microRendu is small and lightweight. Connect the microRendu directly to your USB DAC via a USB cable or hard adapter eliminating the need for a USB cable. Don't let the size fool you the microRendu has been designed to take into consideration all that is important to USB Audio. The microRendu is easy to configure and can accept audio streams from several digital sources.
What makes the microRendu different from a typical computer music server is that it's a purpose-built audiophile device. The problem with computer music servers is that they all rely on mass-produced motherboards designed for general-purpose computing and are built to the lowest possible price point. The microRendu solves this problem by removing the consumer-grade computer peripherals and optimizing power supplies where necessary. The microRendu has been specifically built for processing USB audio perfectly. You can also combine the microRendu with an audiophile-grade linear power supply to achieve the lowest possible noise floor.
The microRendu music player turns your USB DAC into a Roon Ready network DAC.
Have a SPDIF or i2s input on your DAC? Add a USB to SPDIF converter to your microRendu order.
No keyboard or monitor needed. A plug-n-play Roon Ready player. Access your microRendu with a web browser from your tablet.
POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS
7V Linear Power Supply - 110 or 220 VAC
60 day Roon Trial
This product ships with a 60 day Roon free trial.
Small Green Computer Warranty:
- 30 days to return any of our products, No Questions Asked...
- 1-year warranty on parts and labor
- Lifetime free technical support
- Supported File Formats: FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, WMA-L, DSF, DFF
- Native Sampling Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
- DSD formats: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DSD512
- MQA: MQA first unfold supported through Roon
- Bit Depths: 16, 24
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- USB: 1 USB port for your DAC
- Power input: 6-9 VDC at 1 Amp min.
- Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
- Network Protocols: Roon RAAT, DLNA, Squeezebox®, NAA (HQplayer)
- Roon: iOS or Android App
- Android: App Available Online at Google Play Store - OrangeSqueeze
- iOS: App Available Online at Apple App Store - iPeng
- Size: 3.5" x 2.2" x 0.7"
- Weight: 1 lbs
- 3 Watts
- 0° C to 40° C
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- microRendu (Version 1.5)
- USB Adapter
- Feet bands (2)
- 60 Day Roon Trial
- Warranty Information
- Product Set-Up Directions
We Also Recommend