sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3) compare to Roon Nucleus
The sonicTransporter i5 replaces your desktop, laptop, Mac mini, etc. to provide a stable maintenance free center for your digital music collection and streaming.
Our newest generation of the sonicTransporter i5 now comes with a tool less 2.5" hard drive bay. Easily install an SSD Hard drive yourself with no screws. We also offer preinstalled and configured SSD drives.
Unmatched Quality: The sonicTransporter i5 is milled out of a solid block of billet aluminum. The entire case is the heat-sink for the processor. The sonicTransporter is fanless and noiseless with no moving parts!
With a simple to use web-based interface (no separate keyboard, mouse, or monitor required), the sonicTransporter i5 will have you playing music across your network quickly and easily.
The sonicTransporter i5 runs Roon Core Server, HQPlayer (embedded), Squeezebox Server, Plex Media Server and MinimServer (DLNA server). Attach a USB drive full of music or a NAS and your music will be available to virtually any network player. Add up to 4TB SSD internal storage when ordering or use your own internal 2.5" drive.
With an i5 processor and high speed SSD (for your music database), the sonicTransporter i5 is perfect for lightning fast access to your music. Attach a Sonore Rendu series player to your USB DAC to have a complete digital transport solution.
Multi-room streaming with Roon up to 16 simultaneous zones
The sonicTransporter i5 also works great with Sonos network speakers. Listen to your local music or iTunes music files on Sonos speakers at any time without ever turning on your home computer.
The sonicTransporter i5 is an exceptional Plex Media Server allowing users access to audio, video, and image content. Solve your media chaos with Plex.
Roon Server is preinstalled but you need to purchase a license from Roon Labs or take advantage of of the included 60-day free trial. The sonicTransporter i5 exceeds Roon Labs hardware specifications
Music collection size
The sonicTransporter i5 is designed for a music library of 1 - 450K tracks. This includes Red Book audio, DSD, and Hi-Rez. If your music library is larger then 450K tracks we recommend a custom solution. Contact us for your music storage needs.
60 day Roon Trial
This product ships with a 60 day Roon free trial.
- 30 days to return any of our products, No Questions Asked...
- 1-year warranty on parts and labor
- Lifetime free technical support
This product includes:
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- USB: 2 x USB 3.0 ports (only one can be used for a USB drive)
- Power: 12VDC input
- Network Protocols: Roon (RAAT), DLNA, Samba (Sonos® and others), Squeezebox®, Plex Server
- Pull out drive bay: Accepts 2.5 inch SSD drives. When purchasing optional storage from us, we use the Samsung EVO Series 1TB, 2TB, or 4TB drives.
- 0dB (Noiseless)
- Web user interface for configuration from a web browser or table
- 8.25" x 6.25" x 1.375" (WxDxH)
- 2.4 lbs
- 0° C to 40° C
- 64GB SSD for server database (Roon Server, Squeezebox, DLNA) no local music storage.
- Optional 2.5" pull out hard drive for additional music storage
- Compatible with any USB attached hard drive
- Compatible with almost any NAS (Synology, QNAP, Western Digital, Buffalo, and more)
- 9 Watts
Power adapter requirements (if you want to provide your own):
- 12VDC at 4 amps
- 5.5mm OD x 2.5mm ID DC adapter jack (center positive)
Roon Customers - Get a faster / better Roon Music Server (compared to the Nucleus) at a much more affordable price...
We Also Recommend
Premier Server & Player Combo - SonicTransporter i5, ultraRendu, SGC 7v Linear Power Supply Combo